7 Helpful Fall Home Maintenance Tips
By completing a few simple tasks, you can get your home ready for winter
and prevent a lot of future maintenance costs.
Want to Buy a Home? Search All Homes
Fall is here and winter is right around the corner. What should you be doing right now in order to prepare your home? Here’s what I recommend:
1. Seal the cracks. If you have any cracks in your foundation, driveway, or windows, this can create huge problems down the road. Consider having those handled before it gets too cold.
2. Paint your exterior woodwork. This is another place where moisture can get in during the winter and cause rot.
3. Remove your hoses from outdoor spigots.
4. Check your carbon monoxide and smoke detectors. Make sure those batteries are switched out, too.
5. Clean your gutters to prevent ice damming.
6. Check your chimney and fireplace. Make sure they're clean and make certain that everything is sealed really well.
7. Check your windows and doors for drafts.
If you have any questions for me about any of these tips or anything else related to real estate, don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.